Firefighting equipment is a special type of vehicle, the acquisition of which requires an exceptional approach and knowledge. It is impossible to just buy any car and expect that it will “close” the needs of your business or economy.
Before you buy a fire and rescue vehicle, you should understand exactly what tasks it will perform, who will monitor the technical condition of the equipment, will operate it properly and make trips to eliminate emergencies.
Of course, it is possible to learn the correct operation of the equipment by studying the relevant operating instructions, but it is much better if you buy a tank truck from a manufacturer that has its own service, provides a warranty period, and provides post-warranty service. Obviously, this does not eliminate the need to have qualified personnel, but greatly simplifies the work of car maintenance, avoids reckless spending and always keep the equipment ready.
One of the main criteria for choosing a technique is your clear understanding of what your AC should do. We advise you to consider in advance all the factors that will affect the basic technical characteristics of the fire truck. In our opinion, these are:
- operational and tactical characteristics of the departure area (range, terrain features, the presence of asphalt pavement)
- possibility of connection to an additional water source
- fire pump (power, supply, head)
- the number of firefighters in the operational calculation
Let’s consider in more detail the main factor – operational and tactical characteristics of the departure area. All areas are very different, but the most common factors can be identified. Namely:
- Terrain: plains, hilly, mountainous;
- Type of ecosystem around: steppe, forest, peat bogs Others
- Availability of water sources or the presence of waterless areas;
- Existence of roads or off-road;
- Type of urban or rural development;
- Existence of explosive or flammable enterprises in the area of departure;
- Present in the area of departure of social infrastructure: schools, hospitals;
- Factors present in the departure area where a dangerous emergency situation may occur, such as an accident on the truck route, a leak of oil products, etc.
The most important thing to understand: 3 main characteristics of a fire tanker will depend on the operational and tactical characteristics of the departure area, namely:
- Tank capacity.
- Pump power.
Chassis – there are several different versions of the wheel formula 4*2, 4*4.1, 4*4.2, 6*6.1, 6*6.2 and others.
The chassis with a 4*2 wheel formula is most suitable for cities, especially megacities. All-wheel drive chassis 4*4 or 6*6 are more relevant for off-road areas. You also need to understand that chassis have different capacities. The volume of the water tank and the additional equipment of the superstructure will depend on the maximum load capacity. Thus, the future AC will belong to one of 3 classes: light, medium, heavy.
The third important feature of the chassis is the cab. The cabin can be hood, semi-hood or hoodless. The most common now hoodless, because due to the lack of a hood can increase the useful length of the fire superstructure.
Depending on the staff of the operational calculation of the fire truck, the number of seats in the cabin is selected. The cabin of a fire truck can be single-row (if the operational calculation is up to 3 people) or double-row (if the operational calculation is more than 4 people). The most common are two-row cabins. To date, 6-7 seats, but there are options for 8 and 10 seats.
The pump is also selected based on the technical characteristics of the future AC and the tasks assigned to it. Which is better to choose and how it will be expedient, it is possible to learn on the link “Fire pumps of our production – as the name of pumps NCP-40/100-R, NCPK-40/100 – 4/400-RR and PN-60B-R-R?”
An important aspect that affects the price of a fire truck, after the cost of the chassis itself, is the additional equipment. The customer needs to determine what threats are in the area of departure and what should be in the fire truck.
- Pressure head, pressure-suction and suction sleeves, transition nuts, branches, ladders, trunks are a standard complete set. The customer can refuse it if, for example, it already exists.
- “Chance” tool – crowbars, shovels, saws – relevant for fire trucks, which have in the area of departure of the ecosystem, the countryside, country houses.
- Chainsaws, chainsaws – are relevant for any AC and do not depend on the area of departure.
- A set of hydraulic rescue tools (“hydraulics”) – will be appropriate for the AC in the area of departure of which is the route or industrial facilities.
- Individual and group lights, a lighting mast and an alternating current generator are relevant for the operation of operational calculation at night and in smoky space.
Examples of ready-made tanker solutions.
In order to better understand which AC is right for you, let’s focus on examples, let’s say you have a certain production, the area is small, asphalted fire water sources, you will have a small enough object AC, with a water supply of about 3 tons, the dimensions of which are enough modest, both for firefighting equipment, but it is very maneuverable and fast.
If you are the head of the OTG and want to reliably protect society from emergencies, the first thing to pay attention to is the availability of water sources, the territory of departure, the possibility of receiving assistance from other state fire departments.
For forestry, waterless regions, the best choice will be tank trucks, which are more capacious and have a stock of fire extinguishing substances of 8 tons.
АЦ-8-60 (TGS 33.360)-526М – all-wheel drive AC, which despite its rather large size and a significant supply of extinguishing agents, has maintained high passability and ease of operation. Able to localize even a significant fire without additional refueling, will be indispensable in waterless regions. Equipped with an irrigation system in the wheel arches and on the front bumper, to extinguish ground fires.
АЦ-8-60(63022)-539М –a specialized all-wheel drive tanker designed to extinguish forest fires, taking into account the experience of extinguishing fires in ecosystems, is equipped with an irrigation system for extinguishing grassroots fires, as well as a protective frame for windows and mirrors.